Skip to main content

How Protected Is Your Dentist

I have spent more than $20,000.00 at the dentist office and have been berated because I don't floss enough, brush in the right motion and brush too hard. I have bee counseled on the effects of harsh toothpaste and the negative effects of drinking too much tea or coffee and the negative consequence of long-term improper dental care. It is something that I really pride myself on and I am unashamed to take 5 minutes before dinner or in the middle of the day and brush my teeth. Its just something that I've built into my lifestyle and I have developed positive habits around my oral care. And it is now something that I do not consciously think about.


I can parallel the argument of dentists pleading with their patients to take care of their oral as my life's work relies on my ability to convince others to protect their hearing and although the risk of losing your hearing is less of a risk factor than losing your oral health and the myriad of fatal diseases that come with poor dental hygiene, the quality of an individuals life decreases substantially the more hearing damage they have. 

Recently a  dentist called me out of the blue and wanted custom earplugs, and after discussing why he was interested in earplugs, he explained that he was experiencing hearing loss and started getting ringing in his ears. This shocked me as I'm in the hearing protection business and have personally talked with more than a million and a half people at more than 5oo events and we service some of the largest companies in the world and protect the hearing of their workforce. 

It never dawned on me that my local dentist is in an equal amount of danger as employees in industrial facilities. I started my research and discovered that they are in one of the most hazardous businesses of all. On average in the dental profession, 37% suffer from Tinnitus, and more suffer from noise-induced hearing loss rates. After collecting the data and uncovering this new information I did what I felt was the right thing and called OSHA. With all the public domain research in the world, 

I was taken back with what they said, "Why would a dentist need earplugs?" I was floored as it is as simple as one Google search to find, page after page of studies pertaining to dentists and hearing loss. We are in a different time now, we have so much imperial data, and it seems as if every major issue is simply another one for the pile to get to at a later date. I'm grateful for dentists, and they are now added to my list of industries that I will serve and spread the message of hearing conservation too. 

After this shocking but enlightening turn of events, I realized that the custom hearing protection product that I just patented would be the exact solution for the dental profession because of their individual needs. In the dental profession, it is necessary that They look sharp, hear everything around them perfectly, including their assistant and be adequately protected against the persistent decibels that they are exposed to every day. 

Furthermore, they are also exposed to an array of chemicals that cause many other health issues, and even some of them make hearing loss worse. If this article has peaked your interest, please feel free to reach out to me at 719-271-9081 or find here more information and tell your dentist that he needs to protect his hearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is The Best Dentist Custom Hearing Protection

Неаrіng іs оnе wау fоr us tо sіtuаtе оursеlvеs іn оur еnvіrоnmеnt. Оn а dаіlу bаsіs, wе аrе unсоvеrеd tо а wіdе rаngе оf sоunds. Неаrіng рrоfеssіоnаls еstіmаtе thаt lіstеnіng tо аn 85-dесіbеl sоund fоr еіght hоurs аs thе dоаblе tо dаmаgе уоur hеаrіng реrmаnеntlу. Тhе ехроsurе tіmе аnd dесіbеl stаgе bесоmе mоrе hаzаrdоus аs thе lоngеr аnd lоudеr thеу grоw. Тhе nоіsе-іnduсеd hеаrіng lоss іs іnduсеd vіа ехроsurе tо lоud nоіsе. Оur іntеrnаl еаr hаіr сеlls аrе rеsроnsіblе fоr trаnslаtіng sоund wаvеs іntо nеurаl іndісаtоrs whісh аrе rеgіstеrеd bу usіng оur brаіns аs sоund. Оvеr tіmе, lоud nоіsеs wіll hаrm thеsе сеlls, whісh dо nоt rеgеnеrаtе. Тhіs lеаds tо sеnsоrіnеurаl lіstеnіng tо lоss. Іn thе UЅ, 60% оf thе bоdу оf wоrkеrs ехреrіеnсеs sоmе dірlоmа оf lіstеnіng tо lоss. Оn еасh dау bаsіs, реорlе аrе unсоvеrеd tо hаzаrdоus dеgrееs оf sоund іn thе wоrkрlасе. Тhеrе аrе арраrеnt оссuраtіоns, suсh аs аіrроrt grоund stаff, dеvеlорmеnt wоrk, аnd mаnufасturіng fасіlіtу wоrkеrs, thе рlасе

Dental Press Release Readers Reviews

I thought I was pretty well-informed about safety in my dental practice, but I learned quite a few new things about protecting my hearing and that of my staff. Protective earplugs don’t only make sense, they can save your hearing. I never knew noise levels at my dentist’s office could be serious enough to harm hearing. When I saw this article, I emailed it to my dentist. She was concerned enough to call and thank me! Unfortunately, my father is an example of how years of dental noise affects hearing. He’s now a spokesperson in his community for the prevention of hearing loss. I’m a dental hygienist in a large practice. We started using The One Premium Series about a year ago and let me tell you, the difference is amazing. The plugs are comfortable and the clarity amazing. Well worth the investment! I’ve been suffering from tinnitus for several years. It got so bad I had to leave my job as a dental receptionist. I wish I knew about Big Ears earplugs back then. I’